1. Pearls will stay looking lovely for years if you treat with with care:
2. Treat your pearls like fine silk.
3. Store in a soft cloth pouch away from other jewelry to avoid scratches.
4. Avoid spraying them with hairspray or perfume.
5. To clean, wipe after wearing with a soft, damp cloth and dry flat on a towel overnight.
6. Do not store hanging on a hook. Do not clean with ultrasonic cleaners. Do not clean with commercial jewelry cleaning liquids.
7. Avoid dry, low humidity conditions: do not store near heaters or in document storage containers without adjusting for humidity. Pearls require occasional moisture to prevent drying and cracking, which permanently damages pearls.
8. Have pearls restrung when silk knots appear dirty, when pearls move freely back and forth between knots, when French wire becomes discolored at clasp or silk is fraying near clasp.